i just heard that we only have 5 weekends left until christmas – say what!!!???!!! it still feels warm and fallish here in KC, and i haven’t really had christmas on the brain…until now. i’m trying hard to get my ducks in a row early this year so i can really enjoy the season and not get stressed out by the gift-buying and wrapping that i usually leave to the last minute. i’m sure each of your kids, like ours, knows exactly what they want from the toy department, but here are a few non-toy ideas that are going to be appearing beneath our christmas tree.
- tee-pee – what kid doesn’t love a cozy little spot to peruse a book or play?
- lego book – what do you do with all those loose legos!?! this book gives tons of ideas to build something new
- special skirt – chloe will lose her head when she opens this, and she will probably wear it basically every day, so the cost per wear will be pennies.
- yeti in my spaghetti – every time chloe sees an ad for this, she talks about how bad she wants it. done.
- boogie board – i think my kids are a little young for this right now, but keeping this idea in my back pocket for the next time we take a long road trip. would be great for practicing letters, numbers, math problems or just doodling.
- slippers – um, they’re fuzzy mice for little feet. i can’t.
- watercolors – kids. paint. wonder. enough said.
- bean bags – these are happening this year, and i got them personalized with each of the kids’ names. i think they’ll like that special touch, and they’ll know who each one belongs to. maybe no fighting since they will each get one!?! we can only hope!
- indoor snowballs – i feel like this could use up a lot of pent-up energy in the basement this winter. i’m lookin’ at you, beckett – our own personal energizer bunny.
- apron and utensils – for the little chef!
- kinetic sand – my kids play with this for hours, and i just added some to their wish list to add to what we already have
- purse – you can probably tell that chloe is into all things sparkly at the moment. she is three after all!
now, i’d love to hear what non-toy items are going to be under your tree this christmas!